Sunday, June 10, 2007

Create Create Create!!!

OK, so I feel like I'm going through some crazy phase right now. I'm starting to find my style and it makes me so happy! The pages I've created lately have all been my favorite. Granted, it is now taking me longer to complete something, but that's OK when the end result is something I'm going to cherish!

Here's my latest page.





















I was not a big fan of the colors in the original patterned paper:

So I crumpled a little, sanded a lot, mixed yellow acrylic paint and a glazing medium and painted over it, once dry I stamped a birdie with brown ink, wiped it off to fade the stamp a bit, painted gesso over some places, then put another layer of yellow glaze over the top. Next a stitched various horizontal lines over the LO. I took two index cards and layered them on top of each other, sewing again in various horizontal lines. I took the photo and hand-stitched it on top of blue felt, and cut around it with pinking shears. I took an existing copper circle embellishment and put some vellum on top, stamped the date of the photo 1974 and wrote out the place: Kampen, Holland. There was actually a little something on the table by Tante Co's arm and the paperclip embellishment covers it up . I made a mini vignette inside the small charm, added some ball trim, the title, and other little touches to complete the page. So I started out with a piece of paper I wasn't all too fond of and ended up with something really beautiful (in my opinion of course)!

2 comments:

Erica said...

Wow - you AMAZE me!! You are such a talented woman!!

Marita said...

holy frijoles! now THATS a lot of work! the Tantes look great! luv u!