Sunday, June 24, 2007

Chickie Day


I just completed my first art piece utilizing fabric and I am super excited to hang it up on the wall! It makes me smile... I used vintage fabric, vintage clothing, felt, ribbons, trim, fibers, ric rak, old iron ons, hand beading on the ground and around the sun, and some patterned paper from the Crate Paper Crush line. I free-style embroidered the sun and the background fabric and quilted the ground fabric. Chickie was hand drawn and cut. Something to make me happy!

6 comments:

Mary said...

Love the chick. She is my favorite part.

Carrie Postma said...

this is so FUN! You are so creative!!!!

Jennifer Hope Longenecker said...

I love it. So fun and cute.

:corinne: said...

**ABsolutley Cheeky baby~! Luv it!

Erica said...

Wow - that is so cool Elke!!!

Karen said...

That is so adorable. Thanks for sharing the reprodepot site, I love their stuff!!!