Monday, July 9, 2007

Movers and Flat Tires

So we (August, the dogs, and I) went back down to Sanford this weekend and met with LOTS of movers to get quotes for the big move up to Tallahassee. This was (hopefully) the last time the dogs got to see the house, and they enjoyed their own personal dog park for the weekend.

I went to the Scrappy Boutique in Orlando and bought all sorts of fun new products! They always have a very current collection and is refreshing not to see some of the more traditional scrapbook store supplies. Of course, I spent way to much money, but I just can't control myself! I got the Love Elsie airplane mini album and am in heaven...

The Poppy Ink kit reveal was up at 2 am on Saturday and I was sitting in my pj's in a corner in the kitchen stealing wifi from some neighbor in order to get any add-ons. They were great, but I just couldn't justify the expense this time. I tossed and turned thinking of what fun things I can do with the kit. The scallop stamp is TOO cute!!!

On our way back we ran over a key in the road and it punctured one of my tires. Because I have all-wheel-drive I had to replace ALL of my tires and ended up forking out $500! Yikes!!!

When we got back to the apartment in Tally my Personal Scrapper kit was waiting for me and OH MY how gorgeous it is!!!! I can't wait to play with it!

I saw that Paper Trunk is having a guest designer call and have been working diligently on my submission. I'll keep it a secret for now...

3 comments:

EmmaJ said...

Elke I agree with you on the cost of the Poppy Ink add-ons... they are out rageos! But also very cute. I too had a "car thing" this weekend. I guess it just wasn't lucky for us Florida scrappers.

Jennifer Hope Longenecker said...

Wow! That's quite the weekend. At least you got some good to go with the bad. Shopping for scrapping supplies almost always cures any stressful situation. LOL

Anonymous said...

It is about the movers and flat tires are so great to read .. Tires Florida