Sunday, May 20, 2007

The meaning behind the name

All the way up to a couple of years ago, I thought the phrase actually went: "for all intensive purposes". I was reading a book when it dawned on me I had been mistaken my entire life. It made me smile.

It's great when you learn something new, and it's also great to laugh at yourself.

So, I'm not going to change. I think the phrase works just fine how I have been saying it all my life. It will just be an inside joke whenever I hear or use the phrase.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Elke, you've officially joined us in the blog world! Your blog looks great!

Erica said...

Welcome to the blog world Elke!!

Jennifer Hope Longenecker said...

Yay for you! Love your header.

Carrie Postma said...

your blog is looking so CUTE!

okay, call me a dork, but, what is the phrase supposed to be? I have always thought it was "for all intensive purposes"!!!! LOL...school me Girl.

Karen said...

Awesome header, did u design that yourself? love it! welcome to the world of blogging, it can be addictive!

Jess Stevens said...

you BLOG looks great, welcome!
BTW - what is the phrase supposed to be?

Theresa said...

Love your header!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome